products
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
products

products and price

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Sax Or Used Sax Better For Beginners?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Sax Or Used Sax Better For Beginners? Empty New Sax Or Used Sax Better For Beginners? Sat May 08, 2021 12:21 pm

Admin

Admin

<p>When you’re starting out on sax, should you get a new, cheap <a href="https://www.xuqiumusic.com/saxophone" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"><strong>Chinese saxophone</strong></a> from Amazon, or should you buy a used sax from eBay?</p><p><br></p><p>I want to know, is this used saxophone good enough to get started on as a beginner player?</p><p><br></p><p>Buying your first saxophone</p><p>Lots of my Sax School students start out like I did on a cheap student model saxophone.</p><p><br></p><p>The most important thing is to find a saxophone that doesn’t hold you back and is going to make learning easy.</p><p><br></p><p>I’m going to look at:</p><p><br></p><p>Why buy a used saxophone</p><p>Why I chose this used sax</p><p>Put this sax to the test by playing a couple of different pieces and comparing it to my pro alto</p><p>Share a couple of pitfalls to avoid when you buy a used sax.</p><p><br></p><p>Why Buy A Used Sax?</p><p>When you go online, you’ll see loads of shiny new Chinese saxophones and they are relatively cheap.&nbsp;It can be confusing because there are so many brands, it’s difficult to know which ones are good.</p><p><br></p><p>The great thing about buying a used sax is that you can get an instrument that would have cost a lot more when it was new, and it could be a much better quality than a new sax for the same price.</p><p><br></p><p>It might not be as shiny, but you’re getting more saxophone for your money!</p><p><br></p><p>That means:</p><p><br></p><p>Better quality materials</p><p>Better design</p><p>Better durability</p><p>Better resale value when you’re ready to upgrade</p><p>What if my used saxophone goes wrong?</p><p>Actually, there’s not much that can go wrong with a saxophone that can’t be fixed by a good repairer, reasonably cheaply. You can find a repairer online or though your local music store.</p><p><br></p><p>Which used sax to buy</p><p>I bought a used Yamaha YAS-23 <a href="https://www.xuqiumusic.com/alto-saxophone" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"><strong>alto saxophone</strong></a>.&nbsp;This is the kind of saxophone you might have borrowed from school as a student learner.&nbsp;They were made from the late 1970s and have now been replaced by the YAS-280.</p><p><br></p><p>These saxophones are really robust and durable – perfect for students.</p><p><br></p><p>This used sax has got some signs of wear and a few scratches but no obvious dents, which is what I was looking for in the eBay listing.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>I found this saxophone played really well straight out of the case.</p><p><br></p><p>All the notes seal throughout the range, and the altissimo and overtones play great too.</p><p><br></p><p>The case itself is pretty worn, but inside the case was a box of unused reeds, a neck strap and even a Yamaha 4C mouthpiece&nbsp;which is perfect for beginners. I’d want to give the mouthpiece a thorough clean and disinfect before using it.</p><p><br></p><p>I paid £370 ($480 USD) for this sax.&nbsp;You can get cheaper new Chinese saxophones, but most student models start at around this price. This was the cheapest YAS -23 I could find on eBay.</p><p><br></p><p>Comparing my used saxophone with my Pro Alto</p><p>My pro alto is a Yamaha 62. The new version of this (for example the 875 or the 82 Custom Z)&nbsp;would cost around 10 times what I paid for this used saxophone. Is there 10 times difference in sound?</p><p><br></p><p>I’m going to be playing both saxophones using my Theo Wanne Gaia size 8 hard rubber mouthpiece, with a Légère Signature 2.5 synthetic reed.</p>

https://weyes123.666forum.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum