products
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
products

products and price

You are not connected. Please login or register

before you buy a vintage light fixture, there are a few things you need to know

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin

<p>I like to buy vintage lamps. </p><p><a href="https://www.inlity.com/led-wall-light.html" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"><strong><u>Wall lights,</u></strong></a> lanterns, pendants and chandeliers</p><p>My renovation project</p><p>I find that old-fashioned fixtures are usually better</p><p>I like their patina better than the new fixtures, and I appreciate the unique --of-a-</p><p>They added great service to the room. </p><p>Online shopping platforms such as 1 stDibs, Etsy and One Kings Lane make it easy to find everything from the early days20th-</p><p>Century French crystal chandelier 60 s Sputnik. </p><p>But before you click on the \"buy\" button on the vintage <a href="https://www.inlity.com" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"><strong><u>light fixture,</u></strong></a> you need to know something. </p><p>First of all, always ask if a fixture has been rewired. </p><p>Sometimes the seller will notice this in the product description, but if this is not the case, please call or email the seller to find out. </p><p>There are many reasons for rewiring the fixtures. </p><p>It may be that the line is European, in which case it is not compatible with the USS. </p><p>The voltage, or the wire is dry and brittle --</p><p>Potential fire hazards</p><p>Re-wiring is no big deal; </p><p>It just means you have to invest more time and money. </p><p>Any reputable lighting shop can do the job for you. </p><p>Craftsman lights have been in D. selling, rewiring and repairing antique fixturesC. </p><p>It is a favorite of many local designers and antique dealers. </p><p>According to store owner Cyrus Manaf, the cost of rewiring each device starts at about $15. </p><p>Second, if you plan to use fixtures in a newly built house, you may need to have fixtures UL-</p><p>Pass the certification, or you will not pass the electrical inspection. </p><p>It\'s hard for me to understand this when an electrician refuses to install a non-installUL-</p><p>Retro furniture approved by customers at home. </p><p>UL represents the laboratory of insurers, a 122-year-</p><p>The old company not only tested the lamps but also many other items, including mixers and ceiling tiles, to ensure safety. </p><p>According to John Drengenberg, UL\'s director of consumer safety, more than 22 billion items carry UL seals. </p><p>To get a UL approved fixture, you need to send it to the person who subscribed to the UL service. (</p><p>An individual or company pays a subfee to UL. )</p><p>UL users are usually large manufacturers. </p><p>This is how it works: The manufacturer sends its products to UL and UL performs a series of safety tests. </p><p>UL testing ensures that all components are working properly, the fixture is grounded, and the appropriate grade of wires are used. </p><p>Once the item is considered safe, the manufacturer can use the UL seal in all future production of the item. (</p><p>To be clear, not every item that gets a stamp has been tested. )</p><p>In order to maintain this relationship, the company continues to pay the UL annual fee, in turn, UL reserves the discovery-</p><p>Check the manufacturer\'s facilities at any time. </p><p>In terms of lighting, electricians, inspectors, designers and architects use UL seals as safety shorthand; </p><p>If something goes wrong, they see it as a protection against accountability. </p><p>For new buildings, UL certification becomes even more important when building inspectors evaluate check-in certificates for new projects. </p><p>This is the case when the electrician I hired refused to hang my client\'s old-fashioned lamps; </p><p>He did not see the UL seal above, so he would not hang it for fear that the building inspector would quote him, thereby endangering his permit. </p><p>The problem is that it\'s not easy to find someone who can get an UL certified old-fashioned fixture. </p><p>Although Manaf uses top-of-the-line UL-Approved parts (</p><p>Sockets, wires, etc. )</p><p>He did not get UL certification in order to renovate the fixture</p><p>Approved stickers for this fixture. </p><p>Unfortunately, UL does not have enough resources to search on its website. </p><p>It has a subscriber directory, but there is no geographic filter. </p><p>This directory is only helpful when confirming that people who say they can get UL approval are actually OK. </p><p>Drengenberg suggests that if you find someone saying they can do UL certification</p><p>Check the business name in the UL directory. </p><p>He warned: \"Be careful of those who claim to be able to obtain certification. </p><p><br></p><p>\"It\'s not surprising that the existence of UL pirates is: getting UL approval on a fixture can be expensive. </p><p>Asked three UL recently-</p><p>The certified inspector owns a five-</p><p>Socket fixture certification. </p><p>Prices range from $195 to $650. </p><p>In the end, only you can decide whether it is comfortable to give up UL certification. </p><p>Non-sale, purchase and installationUL-</p><p>The approved fixtures, as well as a large number of designers, antique dealers and electricians who are hesitant about UL\'s requirements, say it is unnecessary and strict. </p><p>In fact, when I talk to some antique dealers, they all say it\'s not cost-effective to have their fixtures</p><p>Because it takes only about 5% of the time for the customer to get approved. </p><p>\"Today\" program style expert, former magazine editor Meihu is \"flip! for Decorating.</p>

https://weyes123.666forum.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum