products
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
products

products and price

You are not connected. Please login or register

led dressing lights

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1led dressing lights Empty led dressing lights Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:39 am

Admin

Admin

<p>My new apartment bedroom has some solid wood products with a mirror inside. </p><p>But there is not enough light around the mirror. </p><p>The windows and LED bulbs illuminate the room, both facing the mirror. </p><p>If you are standing in front of the mirror, the reflection is dark due to the light from these sources. </p><p>I decided to place a dedicated lighting device for the mirror to make it available. </p><p>I try to put a CFL light on the mirror, but the top-down lighting creates a deep shadow. </p><p>Its ideal light source is diffuse lighting around the mirror, and the whole length is even bright. </p><p>Fluorescent tubes are a good option, but there is not enough room to accommodate them, as the mirrors are mounted on the door that swings outside leaving only about an inch of gap. </p><p>Also, it would look awkward to put such a big light on the side. </p><p>I left some <a href="https://www.inlity.com/" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"><strong><u>LED lights</u></strong></a> from one of my previous projects and decided to put them into use. </p><p>This manual describes the steps and materials required to use LED light strips for lighting cosmetic mirrors. </p><p>I also shared some of the things I learned when setting up. </p><p>Note: basic level of electronic knowledge is required. </p><p>Please be careful and safe. 1. </p><p>12 volt LED light strip with back glue-</p><p>The kind that can be cut into parts and used (</p><p>Double tape can be used if there is no back glue). 2. </p><p>12 V power adapter. </p><p>Wire, cutter and stripper4. </p><p>Glue gun/transparent velvet film 5. </p><p>Basic welding equipment (</p><p>Soldering iron, lead and flux)6. </p><p>Multimeter7. </p><p>Scissors8. </p><p>The insulated tape/sleeve/heat shrink tube LED light strip is a flexible PCB consisting of multiple SMD LEDs and resistance units connected continuously. </p><p>These bars can be cut to the desired length and used. </p><p>The LED light strip I use is a continuous 5 m long light strip with adhesive backing. </p><p>Each segment has three 5050 SMD LEDs and a 120 ohm resistor in series. </p><p>There is a protective layer on the adhesive backing that can be stripped off to paste the LED light strip. </p><p>Like performing in a band. aid. </p><p>Note: The Strip usually comes with a cutting mark indicating where it can be cut. </p><p>Always cut along this mark to produce the bars of the desired length. </p><p>My one has cut marks every 5 cm. </p><p>This means that I can use this strap in a multiple of 5 cm. </p><p>There are welding points on both sides of each bar and can be used if needed. </p><p>LED placement: LED placement along the Mirror plays an important role in project results. </p><p>I initially placed two rows of stripes along the side of the mirror facing the person directly, but the light was a bit glaring and attracted your eyes. </p><p>The beam angle of 5050 SMD LEDs is 120 degrees. </p><p>Putting the led on the side wall of the wooden case so that the person\'s face is within this beam angle would be a good choice. </p><p>I tried to place the straps along the side at different distances from the face and mirror, and finally settled down in the middle of the wooden side wall. </p><p>This makes the light emitted by the LED fall directly on the face, also reflected from the mirror, and then on the face. </p><p>This creates a softer lighting. </p><p>Driving LEDs: I cut off a 5 cm long bar, gave it a 12 V power supply and connected an ammeter in series to measure the current consumed by LEDs. </p><p>A subsection consumes 19. 2 mA of current. </p><p>I have to calculate the current required for the entire length so that I can use a power adapter with the right capacity. </p><p>The closest standard power supply available for this rated current is 1A. </p><p>Fortunately, I already have a switching power adapter for 1 a 12 V (lucky again ; ))</p><p>So I used it. </p><p>Note: Do not use the power supply that does not meet the load requirements. </p><p>If an adapter with a lower rated power is used, it will work beyond the capacity and will eventually be destroyed. </p><p>Most switching mode power supplies are 80-</p><p>90% of its rated current capacity. </p><p>LED light strips are very easy to apply. </p><p>I start at the top and when I go down, apply the straps by stripping the protective backing. </p><p>Applying strips from the bottom to the top can be more difficult. </p><p>If the protective backing is completely removed first, stripping will be more difficult to handle. </p><p>After pasting the strip, I welded the wire to connect the left and right bars in parallel and fixed the wire to the wood surface using hot glue. </p><p>The clear tape is also a good option, but I found that the glue can be removed from the wood without much effort and will not damage the wood surface. </p><p>Also, the glue works better in the corner and is not so obvious. </p><p>It is tricky to remove the wire and connect it to the adapter. </p><p>The wire is visible and must be \"routed\" so that it is not so visible. </p><p>Again I stuck the wires in the corner with hot glue and put them away as much as possible. </p><p>I have a power plug and a calendar nearby as shown in the figure. </p><p>I cut off the end pin of the adapter, welded the wires directly, insulated the wires with sleeves, and hid everything behind the calendar. </p><p>The eyes are not too painful, but the wires are still visible (</p><p>I used the dark blue one to increase the pain Sad)</p><p>The lighting from the settings is quite bright and produces good lighting. </p><p>The soft light brightened the face. </p><p>I put it for a while and see how it works. </p><p>The adapter feels hot (not unbearable)</p><p>I turned it off in a few hours. </p><p>This heating is normal due to the constant capacity of the adapter to work close to 90%. </p><p>The <a href="https://www.inlity.com/" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"><strong><u>LED light</u></strong></a> strip itself feels a little warm. </p><p>Since light will only be used intermittently, I hope this will have a long life span. </p><p>Although the project is satisfactory, there is always room for improvement. </p><p>Please provide your comments and suggestions on this basis. </p><p>Please leave a comment if I am not clear somewhere and you are stuck. . . Thanks!</p>

https://weyes123.666forum.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum