products
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
products

products and price

You are not connected. Please login or register

creating a unique hairdressing tool

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1creating a unique hairdressing tool Empty creating a unique hairdressing tool Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:30 am

Admin

Admin

<p>I love the fact that instructures are running a contest about creating tools. &lt;br/&gt;Frankly, it got me out of the delay and finished the writing of the article because I thought it was a good twist on who we made the tools. . . &lt;br/&gt;Although I do a lot of tools (&lt;br/&gt;Some technical \"unique\"e. g. Rabbet Tool (LINK)-&lt;br/&gt;This helped me and a team of manufacturers send a Superman doll into space for less than $500)&lt;br/&gt;The most memorable thing is to create a tool for people with unique needs. . . &lt;br/&gt;After Kyle had complications in the uterus, the use of the left hand was limited. &lt;br/&gt;He has always wanted to be a barber as long as he remembers, although he has made brave efforts to create his own tools to keep his hair (&lt;br/&gt;Tension to be cut)&lt;br/&gt;None of them reached the desired level. &lt;br/&gt;As part of the big life plan for BBC 2, my task is to help Kyle achieve his dream career. &lt;br/&gt;Like the final tool itself, this structure is all about how to deal with such challenges. &lt;br/&gt;I hope this is a useful guide and inspiration, and don\'t underestimate the determination and courage of people like Kyle, and the power of the community that is interested in designing something that has an impact on people\'s lives. &lt;br/&gt;If you want to do something like that, go to college and check it out, or sign a name --up at Remap. org. &lt;br/&gt;Although this picture of the evolution of the design is abridged&lt;br/&gt;The process is still clear. &lt;br/&gt;This is about iteration after the initial breakthrough (see \'Eureka! \'). &lt;br/&gt;However, a very broad range of ideas are considered from a mechanism perspective (&lt;br/&gt;Should it be electric? )&lt;br/&gt;What should be the input (&lt;br/&gt;I tried the MYO band (&lt;br/&gt;EMG instrument)&lt;br/&gt;See if I can receive electrical signals from muscles elsewhere in the arm as a \"control signal\" to start the comb\"&lt;br/&gt;But it seemsin hindsight)over-&lt;br/&gt;I realized later that it was not suitable for sterilization and-&lt;br/&gt;Easier maintenance problems). &lt;br/&gt;Learning is that sometimes you need to walk into something less likely/stupid/excessive&lt;br/&gt;Complex scenarios that fully understand and evaluate the applicability of this approach. &lt;br/&gt;An interesting, very personal aspect of this journey is that this tool requires not only functionality, but also the feeling that it is suitable for Kyle\'s deal --&lt;br/&gt;His environment and persuasion of customers. &lt;br/&gt;So it\'s not enough to just make a device that might work, but it doesn\'t look convincing in the salon. &lt;br/&gt;To be sure, this note does not describe all the countless decisions Kyle and I have to make, and if you do something similar for others, it will hopefully help you. &lt;br/&gt;In fact, from \"tool opponents\" to \"robot-to-meat\" are complex and unfamiliar discussions for both of us, and it takes time to give each other space to make the right decisions together. &lt;br/&gt;Kyle used to fix the comb in the right position with a sports bracelet. &lt;br/&gt;He will remove the strap and attach the \"clip\" which has an improved wrist --&lt;br/&gt;Band with spring&lt;br/&gt;Connect the loaded clip. &lt;br/&gt;The problem is that Kyle has to exert a lot of power to start the clip, which is not \"subtle\" either \"(precise enough)&lt;br/&gt;Enough to catch all the hair. [&lt;br/&gt;In such an era, people can really realize how professional the craft of human hands and hairdressing is! ]. &lt;br/&gt;The last question is not the first obvious, but it seems completely meaningful afterwards: The clip is attached to his wrist, not to his hand/finger. &lt;br/&gt;This means that he has to move his entire arm, and what really needs to be moved is his hand in order to position the task at hand. &lt;br/&gt;Like in design. &lt;br/&gt;You have to join in and be part of the process! I had a crash-&lt;br/&gt;<a href="https://www.cosmeticlot.com/hairdressing-products" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"><strong><u>Hairdressing</u></strong></a> course from Kyle onne, who is Kyle\'s excellent mentor at Marvel hairdressing Academy in Swindon. &lt;br/&gt;As you can see from my crazy scribbled notes, it takes some \"core\" skills to complete the basic hairstyle: the hair needs to be separated and then layered in some way to make sure the cut is uniform and stylish. &lt;br/&gt;It\'s also clear that Kyle can\'t simply use a fixed comb and an electric clippers. &lt;br/&gt;Straight though-&lt;br/&gt;Most people have good hair and most women\'s hair is defined by high quality \"feathers\"&lt;br/&gt;All thanks to the skill of using scissors. &lt;br/&gt;This means Kyle can only cut with scissors with his right hand, but his left hand needs to be combed and kept in place to cut. &lt;br/&gt;Kyle\'s fingers are not long enough to manage enough hair as shown in the figure, or not flexible/nimble enough to control the hair. &lt;br/&gt;Even his current comb. &lt;br/&gt;The modification only works if the hair is \"down-&lt;br/&gt;He couldn\'t stand it, so he couldn\'t finish most of the styling needed for a good hairstyle. &lt;br/&gt;A tool is essential. . . &lt;br/&gt;It was a rather humble experience, and sometimes a touching one --&lt;br/&gt;Watch the exhibits at the Department of Biomedical Engineering, Strathclyde University&lt;br/&gt;This includes the major of artificial limbs and correction. &lt;br/&gt;People can see the labor of love and care, which must be done to help those who have no choice in life. &lt;br/&gt;You can only imagine the emotional journey a person has to go through in order to be immediately liberated by a device, which is undoubtedly an improvement, but there may also be disappointing limitations. &lt;br/&gt;The consultation notes of \"Poundland hand\" as an expert are included --&lt;br/&gt;He stressed that although this is original, it seems ridiculous in the \"medical history case. . . as a cost-to-&lt;br/&gt;Its performance is very high --and students (&lt;br/&gt;Including me, of course! )&lt;br/&gt;I often encourage to be as simple as possible \". &lt;br/&gt;Looking back, it is fair to think that this is a critical moment in my journey of working with Kyle, as it highlights that despite the allure of fancy technology, it increases the risk of failure and maintenance, one of the most effective prosthetic limbs is the \"connection \"--&lt;br/&gt;Operated by rope-&lt;br/&gt;Because this is completely intuitive, consistent with the natural way the body interacts with the object. &lt;br/&gt;I realize that my task is not to replicate the extraordinary nuances and power of the human hand --&lt;br/&gt;Instead, create a tool that aligns with Kyle\'s ability. &lt;br/&gt;I would like to thank Arjan Buis &amp; Sarah Day\'s lawyers and the public-&lt;br/&gt;Not interested in the whole process of \"Designing for simplicity. &lt;br/&gt;Inspiration strikes instantly when I use my electric clipper! &lt;br/&gt;I realized the reciprocating movement of the double blade, my hair was pulled when the battery was low, which made me very uncomfortable --&lt;br/&gt;But no cut. my hair! &lt;br/&gt;This painful memory makes me realize that if these double leaves become dim, they \"complain\" instead of cutting their hair when it wears out. &lt;br/&gt;Again, when moving again, the hair flows through again --like a comb. &lt;br/&gt;This tiny Insight allows me to imagine what it might look like. &lt;br/&gt;When enlarged with two ordinary hair combs! &lt;br/&gt;I went to a pound right away-&lt;br/&gt;Store and try to hold the two combs together so that they can be \"locked\" and \"unlocked\" when the hair goes through the teeth \". . . *(&lt;br/&gt;While some \"TV\" Entertainment is shown here, this insight is the real inspiration! )&lt;br/&gt;To be sure, I\'m not a prosthetic expert. &lt;br/&gt;So I talked to Arjan and Sarah again about the \"feel checked\" design. &lt;br/&gt;Fortunately, they believe that the design is not only functionally reasonable, but also addresses some of their views on not being too complicated (&lt;br/&gt;Risk Collapse&lt;br/&gt;In addition, its simplicity may mean that Kyle is more likely to accept it. &lt;br/&gt;It can be said that this is longer than the discussion here about mentoring, but we also discuss the emotional and moral impact of this device on Kyle individuals. &lt;br/&gt;Sometimes, when enthusiasm is high, these subtle considerations are ignored early in the design (or low! )&lt;br/&gt;So this is a good time for calm reflection and constructive criticism. &lt;br/&gt;It helped me push the design a lot and was more convinced that it was not about \"fancy technology\" but efficient design. . . . &lt;br/&gt;After all, the scissors themselves are hard to beat because of simplicity! &lt;br/&gt;As shown in the picture, Arjan drew in his hand the best position for the proposed \"football. &lt;br/&gt;I love it here. to-&lt;br/&gt;Earth nature of two experts: o)&lt;br/&gt;Showing the final result first, this is a long process, starting with a lot of discussion about how to connect the comb to Kyle in a practical way. &lt;br/&gt;Most of the exploration is from Kyle\'s previous prototype (&lt;br/&gt;Tied at the wrist)and re-&lt;br/&gt;Think about how to do this when able to move freelyfrom his hand. &lt;br/&gt;This sounds simple, but this is an important stage for choosing a variety of options. &lt;br/&gt;This shows that the early design for two Combs runs the system by creating \"fit\" with each other (&lt;br/&gt;And cancel/lock hair as needed). &lt;br/&gt;It is clear that the comb needs a convincing \"click\" in place and can apply for a lock when Kyle does not remove the comb from each other with another hand. &lt;br/&gt;This mechanism was originally borrowed from the toggle switch and later developed to the grub-loaded precision spring-screws. &lt;br/&gt;As you can see, this video not only tests the mechanism, but also the position of the comb on his prosthetic socket. &lt;br/&gt;I saw it. &lt;br/&gt;Watch this clip to study how best to combine these tools and allow easy exchange with other future tools. . . &lt;br/&gt;These were filmed in the salon. &lt;br/&gt;These initial investments&lt;br/&gt;Finished in seaweed cast jelly)&lt;br/&gt;Let Kyle move his hand in 4 different poses so I can understand the range of motion for \"Max\" and \"Min. &lt;br/&gt;A big problem is (&lt;br/&gt;As mentioned earlier)&lt;br/&gt;Kyle was unable to initiate any fine controls, nor was he able to carry out particularly powerful controls, so that ultimately demonstrated the need to have his other hand play a leading role in this regard. &lt;br/&gt;Spent many hours checking these and wondering how to get insight&lt;br/&gt;Enough ideas to come. &lt;br/&gt;They didn\'t edit on TV, but arguably one of the most valuable things I did during the research phase (&lt;br/&gt;Of course, in addition to getting to know Kyle better! ). &lt;br/&gt;The model of the hand was scanned with a 3D scanner at Imperial College London. &lt;br/&gt;These are often available in hacker spaces and in creative spaces, although the quality is not very accurate --&lt;br/&gt;I need a model that is \"close enough\" to iterate. Like clothes -&lt;br/&gt;Any minor problems will arise. &lt;br/&gt;I evaluated the best location to place the tool, with the least connection points, and the complexity to change/fix if needed. &lt;br/&gt;As shown in the final picture-&lt;br/&gt;Most of the reality of \"design\" is jumping between CAD and 3D printing to test an idea. . . &lt;br/&gt;This is not a good TV, but it is essential to improve the design. &lt;br/&gt;To improve this mechanism, there may be more than 20 iterations at this stage. &lt;br/&gt;This is an important stage of the project. &lt;br/&gt;Kyle is cutting hair right now and the prototype works great! &lt;br/&gt;It\'s hard to describe how it feels to reach \"click\"lock-cut-unlock-&lt;br/&gt;Such a quick work cycle that Kyle was stuck in the task even without any practice! &lt;br/&gt;I dare say, I think it seems too easy for the producers to be a bit worried about it all, but the truth is that it was months of exploration that led to a \"sudden\" moment. &lt;br/&gt;In design, I often find that one person has one&lt;br/&gt;Then suddenly the idea progresses, but I don\'t think it\'s possible to underestimate the \"pregnancy period\" of thought \". &lt;br/&gt;This is probably the most intense. &lt;br/&gt;Part of the build. &lt;br/&gt;Everything else can be re-done&lt;br/&gt;Build or buy again. . . &lt;br/&gt;But this is the only mold/casting we made for Kyle with fiberglass. &lt;br/&gt;I\'m also starting to develop this system to swap tools easily, because the comb is obviously 80%-&lt;br/&gt;90% of the work, the rest of the other features are also part of making the salon experience complete, so these features have to be developed in parallel: from painting coloring cream to razor blades! ! &lt;br/&gt;Tip: Sugru is used to help establish a perfect match between fiberglass and 3D printing. &lt;br/&gt;By adding cling film to the fiberglass and allowing Sugru (&lt;br/&gt;Attached to 3D printing)&lt;br/&gt;Although still wet, in order to get moldy, it was cured into solid rubber overnight. &lt;br/&gt;This eliminates any tolerance errors in CAD/fiberglass molds. &lt;br/&gt;If you are copying this project, it can really help you to connect the 3D printing and fiberglass interface. &lt;br/&gt;It is understandable that this CAD is Celtic. &lt;br/&gt;However, if a person carries a fiberglass prosthetic limb from this&lt;br/&gt;Fiels can then be edited as needed. (&lt;br/&gt;See SLDPRT file)&lt;br/&gt;Quick tips for using detail and-&lt;br/&gt;Zoom parts in CAD. . . &lt;br/&gt;I created an approximation of the comb (&lt;br/&gt;And the fiberglass part)&lt;br/&gt;By taking pictures-&lt;br/&gt;Zoom with this so I can approximate \"real\"&lt;br/&gt;World objects in CAD models. &lt;br/&gt;I got this prompt from the YouTube video. &lt;br/&gt;Taking pictures from the x, y and z axes and connecting to the said plane of the CAD datum, this can be particularly useful. &lt;br/&gt;I processed it later (routered)&lt;br/&gt;Take out the outline of the comb so that it can be inserted into the groove of the CAD part using multiple tools and guides, as you can see later, such as the one shown. &lt;br/&gt;You can connect the comb in other ways, but I think it\'s stronger than just one face --to-face joint. &lt;br/&gt;Parts created in physical engineering. &lt;br/&gt;These can be edited according to your needs and can be applied to various prosthetic accessories. &lt;br/&gt;STL files for quick purposes. &lt;br/&gt;Tip: I recommend printing in the direction shown to enhance the strength and minimize the warping. &lt;br/&gt;Runners can bow a little, but it\'s better to keep the face attached to the comb on as it will be the most straight. &lt;br/&gt;Again, for more parallel, the other face can be lightly polished down. &lt;br/&gt;As mentioned earlier, this can also be connected to various tools&lt;br/&gt;All of this is created around a square stainless steel cross section bar of 4x4mm. &lt;br/&gt;This was found to be the best balance between rigidity and weight. &lt;br/&gt;The holes on the side need to receive the brass plug-in, which can be placed by pressing, parallel pliers, or snug-&lt;br/&gt;Welding with soldering iron. &lt;br/&gt;I did the latter because it was a stronger grasp. &lt;br/&gt;Then I added a super dap. &lt;br/&gt;The clue \"wack\" to a gap gives strength. &lt;br/&gt;Similar to the tool socket, brass blades are recommended here. &lt;br/&gt;Be careful not to stand out too far so as not to hinder the operation of the steel inside. &lt;br/&gt;The channel in another runner is to contain steel. &lt;br/&gt;4x4mm square stainless steel (LINK). &lt;br/&gt;This can be fixed with super glue or epoxy. &lt;br/&gt;The latter is better. &lt;br/&gt;This small red plastic is a subtle aid: it allows you to adjust the distance you need to \"lock\" your hair. &lt;br/&gt;This is not to say that the thickness of the hair changes too much, you need to change it between two haircuts! &lt;br/&gt;Instead, I learned from using the tool and observing Kyle that, with confidence, people need less grip (i. e. &lt;br/&gt;Smaller travel distance&lt;br/&gt;So the longer red part)&lt;br/&gt;When a person experiences more, the less hesitant. &lt;br/&gt;Therefore, it is recommended to print a few immediately for the future. &lt;br/&gt;I love that this piece is well hidden inside but can be obtained by opening the clamping nut and then sliding the appart of both runners. &lt;br/&gt;I\'m actually playing with fiberglass. &lt;br/&gt;Injected ABS wire, but to be honest, the weight difference is not much different from the normal ABS, but now it may improve in reducing warping (? ). &lt;br/&gt;It\'s always worth trying different threads to see which works best. &lt;br/&gt;The advantage of ABS is that it can cope with clean hot water as PLA may degrade faster. &lt;br/&gt;ABS can also be cleaned well with acetone for a smoother effect (and stronger)finish. &lt;br/&gt;To be sure, a lot of the places in this building are very tailor-made, and while I think the instructures community appreciates this, it will be a case --by-&lt;br/&gt;In the case project, some useful tools and techniques include: flat head screws loaded with springs. (LINK). &lt;br/&gt;And brass inserts (LINK). &lt;br/&gt;These are valuable not only to \"click\"&lt;br/&gt;The locking mechanism is compact and compact, but since the pressure of the ball can be adjusted by screws, the force that Kyle must apply can make the comb trigger/slide with each other, which is adjustable&lt;br/&gt;Also connect the socket to the fiberglass part using the brass plug-in (see next image). Thread Locker (&lt;br/&gt;Videly available). &lt;br/&gt;Useful, once the required force is found, add some friction to the flat head screw to keep it in place. Thumb Screws (&lt;br/&gt;From computer cases). &lt;br/&gt;This is the source of individuality --&lt;br/&gt;People can find thumb screws in various styles and colors. &lt;br/&gt;Simply cut into size using multiple tools. &lt;br/&gt;As shown in the figure, the comb attachment is mounted on the top of the fiberglass socket. &lt;br/&gt;This allows \"trigger\" or \"click-&lt;br/&gt;Locking mechanism for docking. &lt;br/&gt;As you can see, there are multiple brass blades as I am looking for the best position for clamping tools/combs etc and how much force is needed. (&lt;br/&gt;Only one is needed at the end-&lt;br/&gt;Images will be displayed later)&lt;br/&gt;The comb is wired to fit parts printed in 3D and bonded together with epoxy. &lt;br/&gt;They were then polished back to flush with each other. &lt;br/&gt;Finally, the suitability and practicality of other tools are checked. &lt;br/&gt;Although the key to the project is the ability to cut hair, the ultimate success of the project is the ability to exchange between tools safely, quickly and easily, so the whole solution also enables the styling of hair. &lt;br/&gt;For Kyle and me, these accessories need to be the \"central stage\" and look at the section on the salon table in front of the mirror. &lt;br/&gt;So this Booth is a great touch to organize them for Kyle\'s convenience-&lt;br/&gt;But this has also become the topic of customers. &lt;br/&gt;The main content of this project is some small details. &lt;br/&gt;The last tool is a good example that needs to evolve into a dual purpose --&lt;br/&gt;For brush and styling pictures. &lt;br/&gt;Once the old brush can be removed and processed. &lt;br/&gt;This is a very interesting thing to be tutored by Mark Bloomfield, a jewelry master from Electrobloom. &lt;br/&gt;I learned a lot about jewelry making. &lt;br/&gt;Design, craftsmanship, and aesthetics. &lt;br/&gt;His input is invaluable in helping me realize the aesthetics Kyle is proud to have. &lt;br/&gt;He suggested that we use silver, which is even a good feeling. &lt;br/&gt;Not only because it is precious, but also because it loses its luster, it needs to be polished&lt;br/&gt;This itself is a \"wonderful\" moment for Kyle, similar to a motorcycle enthusiast or a saxophone enthusiast --&lt;br/&gt;Pay attention to polishing and observing details when taking care of your beloved items. &lt;br/&gt;When looking at the blue \"trigger hand\", his attention to organic design is obviously inspiring, and it\'s not just functional --&lt;br/&gt;But give the tool a role. &lt;br/&gt;This raises the utility of the tool to a new level so that the customer can see that it is a credible thing. &lt;br/&gt;Many of the techniques are similar to the ones used in the instructures jewelry class, so I won\'t go into them in detail here. The reveal! &lt;br/&gt;I got a free haircut from Kyle and I watched the show online on BBC or Youtube (ssshhhh! )(LINK)&lt;br/&gt;Kyle is an ongoing training course that is more capable of dealing with a variety of complex industries from Click&lt;br/&gt;Lock comb, as well as a variety of accessories. &lt;br/&gt;Some photos of the final work. &lt;br/&gt;Use tools =)&lt;br/&gt;Once again, thank you to all of you who participated in the production of the BBC Big Life Repair Series 2. &lt;br/&gt;It was an incredible journey and I hope that many other inventions of the show have inspired the instructures community and elsewhere. . . &lt;br/&gt;What\'s more: hope this Instructure is a useful guide, though there are a lot&lt;br/&gt;The story is also very helpful not only in terms of iteration (or Remixing? )&lt;br/&gt;On this project, but it also gives us the confidence to deal with complex design challenges like this. &lt;br/&gt;If you have any questions, please comment or email me.&nbsp;</p>

https://weyes123.666forum.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum