products
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
products

products and price

You are not connected. Please login or register

Therapy Benefits Of a Weighted Blanket – My Experience

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin

<p>Since I researched and wrote about how a sensory compression blanket can benefit kids with anxiety, I’ve been really curious about whether a therapy blanket might also benefit me, too. I’ve suffered with anxiety for a long time now, so anything that may alleviate the symptoms is worth exploring.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>When I was approached by helpsleep.com to review one of their adult’s therapy blankets I was intrigued to try it out and see what results I got.</p><p><br></p><p>You can check out the science behind how a weighted blanket works in my kids review here:</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p>Could a Sensory <a href="https://www.helpsleeps.com/" target="_blank">Weighted Blanket</a> Help Your Anxious Child?</p><p>Therapy Benefits of a Weighted Blanket</p><p>Before I talk about my experience using the compression blanket I was kindly gifted for the purposes of this post, let’s take a quick look at the benefits of a weighted blanket:</p><p><br></p><p>1. Boosts Oxytocin</p><p>Because compression blankets mimic the effects of a hug, oxytocin is release which can induce feelings of relaxation.</p><p><br></p><p>Oxytocin also slows the heart and reduces blood pressure, prompting the body to relax.</p><p><br></p><p>2. Release s Dopamine and Serotonin</p><p>Therapy blankets also provide DTP (deep touch pressure), or proprioceptive feedback, stimulating the release of dopamine and serotonin, which have a soothing effect on the body.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>3. Decreases Cortisol</p><p>Using a gravity blanket may also reduce levels of cortisol, the stress hormone which has a negative impact on various bodily functions including blood pressure, digestion, and immunity.</p><p><br></p><p>9 incredible benefits of a weighted therapy blanket, and how it can improve your health and wellbeing. #wellbeing #wellness #healthandwellness #weightedblanket #therapyblanket</p><p>4. Increases Melatonin</p><p>Melatonin is released alongside serotonin, which regulates the sleep cycle, improving sleep quality.</p><p><br></p><p>5. Reduces Insomnia</p><p>The pressure from a therapy blanket provides a calming environment, conducive to sleep. A 2015 study in the Journal of Sleep Medicine and Disorders found that participants had a calmer night’s sleep using a weighted therapy blanket, and this may be due to DTP triggering the release of hormones which dampen down arousal.</p><p><br></p><p>With this in mind, a gravity blanket may be an effective alternative to using drugs to manage insomnia.</p><p><br></p><p>Mother and Baby Bedsharing</p><p>6. Alleviates Anxiety and Agitation</p><p>We respond to the weight of a compression blanket similarly to that of human touch. This naturally induces relaxation and combats restlessness. As discussed more in my previous post focusing on anxiety in children, this can be especially helpful for children displaying symptoms of ADHD, sensory processing disorders, and autism.</p><p><br></p><p>You May Also Like...&nbsp;&nbsp;Beyond the Willow Tree Breastmilk Jewellery Review</p><p>7. Can Decrease Pain</p><p>The calming and soothing effect of a therapy weighted blanket not only reduces the stress hormone cortisol, but some also report a reduction in pain. DTP helps to ‘ground’ the body during sleep, and this is shown in many cases to improve or eliminate stress, sleep disruption, and pain.</p><p><br></p><p>8. Induces Calm</p><p>As the pressure from the gravity blanket soothes and relaxes away tension, calm and relaxation is enhanced.</p><p><br></p><p>Woman Wrapped in Weighted Compression Blanket</p><p>9. Promotes Good Mental Health</p><p>Many mental health disorders are linked to serotonin deficiency, anxiety, and elevated levels of stress; through a reduction in cortisol and increased release of serotonin, the pressure of a weighted therapy blanket can ease and relieve issues including symptoms of OCD, PTSD, Tourette’s and panic disorders, while simultaneously promoting a good mood.</p>

https://weyes123.666forum.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum